RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR THE AUCTION SITE
2017 ROTARY CHARITY AUCTION RULES AND REGULATIONS
Welcome to the 2017 London Rotary Auction. For the past 29 years, Rotary Clubs in London have hosted a charity auction to fund programs for the vulnerable and disadvantaged in our society. This year, the auction is presented exclusively by The Rotary Club of London South and once again is completely online where bidders place their bids via the internet.
INTERNET BIDDING begins at RotaryCharityAuction.com starting on Friday, November 3, 2017 at 9:00 am and the bidding for all items ends at 9 pm EST on Monday, November 13, 2017.
Please Note: The 2017 London Rotary Auction Committee reserves the right to update and change these rules from time to time.
HOW THE AUCTION WORKS:
WEBSITE AUCTION SITE: LondonRotaryAuction.com
The auction will be open for Internet bidding on November 3, 2017 at 9:00 am EST. Internet bidding is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week until the close of bidding. The computerized auction system will automatically close the bidding at 9:00 pm on Monday, November 13, 2017. At the close, the last/highest bidder for each item will be declared the winner. This winner is determined by the system automatically. Inquiries about the 2017 Auction can be directed to auctions@RotaryCharityAuction.com
GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS:
1. Participation is open to anyone 18 years of age or over.
2. Each item is described on the Internet.
3. The Rotary Club of London South assumes no responsibility for any claim associated with the items. The purchaser takes the item purchased "as is, where is" and the vendor makes no representation as to the fitness or purpose of any item.
4. Auction listings of items available for bidding, as listed on the Internet, are a guide only and the 2017 London Rotary Auction Committee and its Donors take no responsibility and will accept no liability arising from an inaccurate description of an item. This is a charity auction with donated items.
5. Bidders must first register using their name, address, contact numbers and a valid email address before any bids may be placed. Bidders must also agree to the Rules and Regulations of the Auction as outlined.
6. This is a charity auction with most items having a very low minimum bid. We reserve the right to make exceptions, particularly where specifically instructed by the donor. The reserve bid amount will be revealed 2 days before the end of the auction. Please note that the minimum bid details are provided to you for each specific item. There are no taxes applicable to these donated items.
7. When you enter a bid that is the first bid on an item, it must be at or above the minimum starting bid. Some items have a reserve bid which must be met or exceeded to win the item. Follow-up bidding must be at least the increment stated on each item. (Upon placing a bid, you may see this announcement: You Are The New Leading Bidder!)
8. There will be proxy bidding. To use the proxy option simply enter the highest bid you wish to place for an item into the bid field then click submit and you're done - our system will do your bidding for you up to the maximum amount you have entered, using the increments stated on the item.
9. The Rotary Club of London South will not provide any individuals’ information to any third party unless the registered bidder has indicated this is acceptable. For further information please read our Privacy Rules thoroughly.
10. Should you be the winning bidder, you will be notified via email typically within 30 minutes after the close of the Auction item. If a winning bidder declines an item, or their payment method is declined, you may be the runner-up winner of an item and could receive notice of a winning bid up to 7 days after the auction.
11. It is not possible to have 2 or more bids for the same dollar amount. The Auction system automatically records the first bid down to the nearest 100th of a second. Unless you receive an email confirming you are the highest bidder, you may have been outbid by a fraction of a second.
12. The Rotary of London South has established a 2017 Auction Committee that shall, on their behalf, have the final say on all winning bids or any dispute that may arise.
13. The total purchase price of all items bid for must be paid in full by the successful bidder at the Warehouse Pick Up location prior to any pickup of items. The only acceptable payment methods will be by Visa or MasterCard through the Secure Payment Site provided or by cash.
14. All items are to be picked up at the 2017 London Rotary Auction Warehouse located at
971 COMMISSIONERS ROAD EAST, UNIT 6, LONDON - one traffic light east of Adelaide St at Frontenac Street during one of the established pickup sessions.
Tuesday, November 14, 2017 from 5:00 pm until 8:00 pm
Wednesday, November 15, 2017 from 5:00 pm until 8:00 pm
Thursday, November 16, 2017 from 5:00 pm until 8:00 pm
Saturday, November 18, 2017 from 10:00 am until 1:00 pm
15. All successful bidders will be provided with the item in questions or a gift certificate at our pickup centre once payment has been verified.
16. All delivery or alternate pick-up arrangements must be made with the 2017 London Rotary Auction Committee before November 18. Out-of-town winning bidders of gift certificates only can contact RotaryCharityAuction@gmail.com to make arrangements for payment and to have certificates mailed at a charge of $2 for postage and handling .
17. Each bid shall be considered legally binding to purchase.
18. No bid made may be retracted.
19. Any items not paid for by Saturday, November 18, 2017 at 1:00 pm (excluding those for which alternate arrangements have been made) may be deemed to have been rejected by the purchaser (winning bidder) and the sale may be deemed to have been cancelled and the Rotary Club of London South is entitled to put the item up for sale again either by private sale, to the next highest bidder or by public auction, or return the item to the donor if deemed appropriate.
20. By bidding at the 2017 London Rotary Auction website, the bidder accepts these conditions of sale and acknowledges that they form part of the contract of sale and purchase.
21. The Rotary Club of London South and 2017 London Rotary Auction Committee, and their members accept no personal responsibility or liability for the condition and/or representation of any item sold in this auction.